Translate

Monday, September 24

"One time, she punched me in the face. It was AWESOME."

Happy Friday!

It's Friday, Friday..gotta get down on Friday! Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend! Oh sorry, It's just that it's Friday and i'm wondering if Rebecca Black was in high school with Regina George if she'd be a plastic. Probably not.

"Oh my god Rebecca you can't repeat Friday TWENTY-SEVEN times!"
So today Mean Girls is the topic of my blog and I had the idea to write a review for this movie ever since school started. Why?, because high school these days is hard. Think about it...the homework, the cliques, the friend that hates your other friend so you can't say anything, and most of all, the pressure to fit in. Don't get me wrong, high school can be fun, but only if you make it and have some awesome friends like I do! 



Mean Girls is a movie that was released in 2004 and stars Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert, Amanda Seyfried, and Lindsey Lohan before she turned into a cracked-out, loony-bin. Lohan plays Cady (pronounced Katie), a home schooled girl who moves to the States and finally goes to high school. While in school she meets Janis Ian, (played by the amazing Lizzy Caplin!) and Damian (Daniel Franzese) who befriend her and show her around. Soon Cady is invited to sit with the Plastics (a group of popular girls who resemble Barbies, thus the name the Plastics) at lunch. The Plastics are made up of Regina George (McAdams), Gretchen Wieners (Chabert), and Karen Smith (Seyfried). Cady does sit with them which sparks a year-long scheme made by Janis to crack Regina down! 

Janis: And evil takes a human form in Regina George. Don't be fooled because she may seem like your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag, but in reality, she's so much more than that. 

Janis and Regina used to be friends until Regina went and spread a bunch of rumors about Janis being apart of the rainbow..

"Cady: Hey! 
Regina: Why were you talking to Janis Ian? 
Cady: I don't know, I mean, she's so weird, she just, you know, came up to me and started talking to me about crack. 
Regina: She's so pathetic. Let me tell you something about Janis Ian. We were best friends in middle school. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going out with my first boyfriend Kyle who was totally gorgeous but then he moved to Indiana, and Janis was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow her off to hang out with Kyle, she'd be like, "Why didn't you call me back?" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-girls pool party, I was like, "Janis, I can't invite you, because I think you're lesbian." I mean I couldn't have a lesbian at my party. There were gonna be girls there in their *bathing suits*. I mean, right? She was a L******. So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her, and she came back in the fall for high school, all of her hair was cut off and she was totally weird, and now I guess she's on crack."


^^ Courtesy of www.imdb.com

And now Janis wants revenge and plans to use Cady to become popular to hear all of the Plastics' secrets. The Plastics have secrets and write down stuff about people in this "burn book," which talks trash about the whole school. Cady eventually ditches Janis and Damien for her new life which backfires when Regina makes copies of the burn book's pages and spreads them around the school. This makes Cady look like a total *insert female dog name here* and everybody hates her. In the end, the girls become friends again and get along.

Mean Girls is your average teen movie. It has some pretty good laughs and truths behind it. It doesn't paint a perfect picture, but I get it, you can't make a movie two hours long and have everything perfect. It just doesn't work that way. The characters are all well-casted (except for Lohan..I really hate her..) This movie isn't for little kids, the word $@#! pops up numerous times along with *bleep and *bleep. I really liked how true the movie was to high school, but not everything was right. Now I must say, in school, if you talk trash about someone, sure people get mad and hate you for like a day, and then pretend to like you and/or forgive you. In Mean Girls, this isn't the case. Also, cliques here don't dress alike and have certain days where they wear a certain thing. Well, I take that back, some do, but that's only because they like to be in control. All in all i'm giving this movie an eight out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment